News, Updates & Events
The Potch-Tlokwe Business Chamber in cooperation with the Touching Africa Initiative is arranging a business seminar for the Tlokwe business community on Saturday 15 September 2012.
We are privileged to have Graham Power, chairman of the board of the POWER GROUP as guest for this event and he will lead us in exploring the principles that lay the foundation to a sustainable community that stand together for ethics, values and clean living.
The projects executed by the TADT are augmented by a network of service providers, businesses and operations that support the vision, mission and work ethos of the TADT. The corporate and technical experience and expertise of this Supporting Network of entities enable the TADT to effectively and positively make a difference by "Touching Africa" through sustainable services, connecting the "needs component" of societies with the "provision component". Projects are developed and implemented to the benefit of all stakeholders, ensuring maximum return on investment.
The supporting network to the TADT consists of the following broad defined groups:
- Business units covering the sector of consulting services (natural resource development, environmental management, engineering and social development)
- Construction services (development and operation and maintenance of infrastructure and social development programmes)
- Services and supplies
- Investment and development mechanisms
- Institutions, trust, non-profitable organisations and service providers in communities and within a social context
Participation in the Supporting Network is subject to the following criteria:
- Support of the vision and mission of the TADT.
- Active technical, financial or resource contribution to projects "Touching Africa".
- Approval of participation by the TADT management.
Participants in the TADT Supporting Network will have access to and possible participation in the following network resources:
- The TAG (Touching Africa Gazette), the official newspaper of the TADT and its Supporting Network, which disseminates information with reference to businesses, their activities, personnel, current TADT project involvement and other network operations.
- The Touching Africa website www.touching-africa.com, the network marketing tool and database of all network members, their functions, expertise and services with references of service reliability.
- Information with reference to projects and funding available through the TADT, the project status and relevant supporting services required to execute the project.
- Participants in the network may be appointed as preferred service provider for appropriate projects subject to the approval and stipulated requirements of the funding sector.
- Participants in the network will have the advantage of identifying possible project and programme partnerships and services agreements within a secure network of entities sharing the same vision, mission and work ethos.
- Participants in the network may advertise their association with the TADT by using the TADT logo, as it appears below, as part of their company's branding.